Monday, November 1, 2010

Cimona and Halloween

I thought I would try to write about different things on the days with no outfits, just to keep the flow, and also to practice my writing skills.  If you find this pointless, or would prefer something else to be discussed, just let me know, I am happy to oblige!  In the mean time a restaurant review.

So last Friday Rachael and I went into Steveston for dinner at a little cafe called Cimona.  The cafe itself is very small.  The decor is fairly tame, but because of the size, very cozy and welcoming.  I have never not been able to get a table there, but it seems to have a steady stream of customers.  The menu is the normal west coast fare, burgers, pasta, salads, steak, and some Greek choices.  There is also a breakfast menu that is served until 3pm, with fantastic omelets, and the breakfast potatoes are fantastic.  Portions are very large, and the prices are low.  This makes for usually a very filling and inexpensive meal. 

Rachael had the chicken souvlaki wrap and yam fried served with chipotle mayo.  She enjoyed both, and I completely recommend their yam fries, very tasty!  I had the cheeseburger with regular fries.  The burgers at Cimona are hand made, and are full of herbs and garlic and other great things.  I have also had various pasta dishes, and enjoyed them all.

Chicken wrap with yam fries

Cheeseburger (you can see the herbs in the burger)

And from yesterday, Halloween at work, deer caught in the headlights!  The costume was a hit, I think I am in many random families Halloween pictures when I was handing out candy.  I didn't even smudge the nose during the day, which is what I was worried about the most.


4 comments:

  1. Jess,

    I thought you were a moose the other day. I must say, that this costume and play acting is a surprising new side of Jess I haven't seen before. And where did you get the idea to be a dear caught in the headlights. Is this taken by you? Are you at the Coffee Shop or home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I liked the moose idea too Laura :) Moose make a much better noise then a deer. To be honest, I am a bit of a nut sometimes, friends call me a dork often, but that does not come across in pictures I suppose.

    Halloween was a good reason to be a bit silly, and let my hair down at work. I need to be pretty serious at work, but I have my moments. A co-worker took it a work before we opened, we were just goofing off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I've just added you. I think you are really cute, and quirky at the same time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT photo of your costume.. that looks like a theatre picture.. I totally love it!!!

    ReplyDelete