Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hello Gorgeous!

Sorry for the delay, I went away on vacation, and left my camera charger down in the states. Should have it back next week though! In the mean time, here is a small recap of my vacation!

Spent a day in Seattle, pretty uneventful, just hanging out with fiance and having dinner.

Then we went off to New York for a couple of days, met up with a friend, had great food, did some shopping (I am sorry I took you to all the Anthropologies in New York Tim and Sharon, it was not on purpose I swear!)

Went to Boston for a day, and then up to Maine for 2 days. It was so pretty, and really strange to see the ocean on my right, instead of the left for a change. Oh, and the lobster? So divine! Rest of the trip was heading back to New York for a day, then Seattle for another day, and then home! I took around 300 pictures, but no one wants to see that many posted here.

I stayed on budget for the most part, but the two best parts of the shopping? These two gorgeous finds! Compeer dress by Frock! Tracy Reese (from Anthropologie) and Diane von Furstenberg's Zora in Scattered Petals.


The Compeer dress is a fantastic paprika colour, and has great detailing. The one I picked up had a broken slip strap, so it was further marked down. I spent more time looking for a needle then I did actually sewing the strap back on, so well worth the extra % off. I feel that this dress will be great for the fall with boots, tights, and a cardigan over top. I actually wore this outfit already this week as described, but alas, no pictures.



Found the Zora at the Nordstrom's Rack in Seattle by SouthCentre on final clearance for a fantastic price, in my size only. I remember seeing this dress about a year ago, but wrote it off since DVF dresses are very expensive in Canada, and never get as marked down as they do in the states. It was meant to be, even if Tim says I look like a gypsy in it! If only I had that lovely cardigan, but I have a dark purple one already that will work, or perhaps I can find a rust coloured one?

3 comments:

  1. You will look fantastic in the Compeer Dress with all your red hair. Can't wait to see pictures. I dropped my 12 mp Olympus in the driveway. I was finally getting used to using it.

    Now I am waiting for a Kodak 12mp from eBay. Very cheap. But I love my old 4mp Kodak. I am hoping this one takes good pics too.

    I am so jealous. You were in my home state. Maine! I was born in Kittery down to the South.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? It is so pretty there, all the quaint little towns and the seaside! Acadia national park was fantastic as well, I really want to go back and explore more of the coastline. It reminded me a lot of British Columbia.

    You made quite the migration west then too! As soon as I get my camera charged back up, I will take pictures of the compeer outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess.. hi from across the waters (Victoria :)
    great to find another girl-fellow fashion blogger.. although I still don't particularly think of myself as either.. I know what you mean about getting to the US for shopping, always nice to take advantage of it.
    Love the Dress, I bet that color will look really awesome on you. Happy Fashion-blogging!!
    j

    ReplyDelete