Sunday, September 26, 2010

Copy Cat

I try very hard to not get catalogs and magazines to the house anymore, but the Anthropologie catalog is an exception. With it's gorgeous photography and cute outfit ideas, my copies become very dog-eared. Since it would be completely impractical for me to go out and purchase all of the outfits, I usually wait until things go on sale and then substitute what I already have. There was one occasion where I ended up with the complete outfit at great price, but that is once in a blue moon.

This was yesterday's outfit when the sun was out and shining (was that not just a great day Jodi?), and it is a copy of the catalog shot, but slightly tweaked. I will show the difference in what I paid vs the retail, as I am quite proud of the deals.


Catalog shot:
I loved how easy-breezy she looks



My version:
Bit more covered on top, different pants but same feeling



Banderole tank (sale $19.99 vs retail $118)
COH slate invader skinnies ($9.99 vs retail $198)
Ann Taylor loft cardigan
Kenneth Cole Reaction snakeskin flats

3 comments:

  1. Hey!! perfect copy!! and great job on the price reduction :) I dont know how some of these bloggers do it, to be honest I think some of them are shopaholics and have all the new latest greatest fashions. I have more fun rummaging around in Value Village and the little local thrift stores getting great deals and seeing things that have potential- gives me some projects to work on (hemming the skirt or cutting the collar off, etc). I like the idea of keeping a file with outfit ideas from magazines that you like and then using them for ideas... And Anthropologie- well that place is just plain dangerous.. there is waaaayy too much good stuff in there, especially houseware and decorating ideas too.
    Good thing we cut the lawn yesterday cuz today is drizzle!! Good day to clean the house and then come up with outfit ideas for the upcoming week..
    have good one!!
    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jess,

    You always look so cute the way you pose in your photos. Especially with your head to the side and all that pretty hair. Woohoo on the $20 Anthro Tank. Price cuts just don't go that low online. I sure miss out in my No Anthro Zone.

    I love to copy cat. And no way can I afford a whole Anthro outfit. So I usually shop my closet for the remaining pieces.

    It's going to be back in the 100's in Bakersfield CA tomorrow. So back to my Summer Wardrobe which I am just sick of. I love Autumn and Winter clothing the best. Especially Sweaters, Coats, and Trenches.

    I noticed you are posting more often as I suggested. Yeah for you.

    Anthro Sister Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a
    lot of spam responses? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or
    anything you can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.

    my website :: Cheap Social Bookmark

    ReplyDelete