Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fall Time (part 1)

Fall is right around the corner here, which means it is soon time for boots, leather, wool, and ruffles. Anyone who knows what I like, knows that I am a huge fan of the fall and winter. I love having the ability to dress in many layers, but not be over-heated. The winter also enables me to wear many different textures, but not look out of place. Some of my favourite winter pieces have some sort of embellishment on them in some way, so I thought I would show a few of my picks for the upcoming season, along with what I currently own as a substitution.
Sweaters/Coat:

Anthropologie's "Boucle De Souffle Jacket". Priced at $148.00 CAD, it is out of my price range, but really nice looking in the Ivory. Fortunately, I have last years version of the "Wrapped-in-Ruffles" cardigan in teal, which is very similar in shape.

Knee-high boots:



The first pair is by Frye, and is the Paige pull-on boot. Frye's are fabulous quality, but with a price that is a bit hard for me to swallow. Priced at around $300 USD through Amazon, they are worth the price if you have the spare change. I have seen these in person, and they are just really beautiful boots. My take? The Zelda boot in Brandy by Hayden Harnett. Picked up for an amazing deal last year, they are a great option if you can find them on Ebay or Bonanzle.

That is about it for now, up next will be for a skirt, dress, and shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment