Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Pencil Skirt

A while back I mentioned I was wanting to find a colored pencil skirt, like the J Crew double-serge wool pencil skirts, but without the hefty price tag. When I went to the thrift store for a little birthday shopping I came across a purple wool one. It is vintage, and even though it said it was a size 8, I was wary of it fitting. Vanity sizing runs rampant these days, so I think I am around an 8/10 in vintage.

 It fit!

 Here it is in the sunlight to get the true color. A nice, crisp purple. The $5 price tag sure beats anything else I had found. Patience pays off again!

 Black Velvet Blazer - JCrew - thrift
Black Camisole - Ann Taylor - thrift
Pencil Skirt - thrift/vintage
Houndstooth tights - Reitman's (Canada)
Key Charm Necklace - gift

No comments:

Post a Comment