Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review at Forever21: 2 Dresses, 1 Success

I had some time to kill before work yesterday, so I stopped into Forever21 to search out that cream and orange lace dress that That Damn Green Dress found and looks super duper awesome in. I saw it online earlier this month, but there seems to be a bit of a delay between what comes to my store, and online.

Luckily, I found the dress right away!
 It is really nice in person. The fabric is substantial enough and not see through (hint, I am wearing a bright blue bra, and the length is very decent for Forever21. This piece is in the Love21 line, which is a bit more modest in length normally. Alas, this dress is not for me. The colour washes me out. In fact, I think the dress' shoulders have melded into my own.

 Side view is less then stellar. I don't think this dress is cut well for my body shape. This was a size small, but it is all puckered in the upper back and pulling away from my frame. Insert sad face here. I really did like this dress. Priced at $35.80, if it works for you, it is awesome! Dress found here.

This was another dress I tried on, but is not on either website at the moment.

 After trying on that over priced maxi dress at H&M (which was adorable), I am on the hunt for a few to add to my summer dress collection. This was is very reasonably priced at $18.50 CAD, and it made from rayon. Not my favourite type of fabric, but it flows very nicely, and very soft to the touch. The top is lined with built in cups, since the back is a cross between halter/racer back. The length is perfect on this, it hangs about 1/2 inch above the floor.

Please excuse the wayward hanger strap wrapped around my arm. I was having issues apparently. I also saw this dress in a maroon colourway, but the navy was better for my colouring. This was a popular dress to try on when I went. You can see it hanging in the stall next to mine. I wonder if she liked it as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment