Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ootd: one part turtle, one part bird?

Since I am heading off for vacation soon, I had a few last minute errands to run and take care of.  There was a nice pause in the rain while I was out, and it has just started to come back in steady drizzle.  Score one point for great timing!

I will be visit my mother for about a week, so it might be pretty quiet on the blog front, but if I take any great pictures I will try my best to do updates.  Likely no outfit pictures though, I am not sure how easy they will be to while away.  We are going to Disneyland though so hopefully I can get some great shots there.

One part turtle = turtleneck!  This is one of my work shirts, but it was a perfect fit for this outfit
One part bird = well either the skirt, or the vest, depending on how you look at it.

I started the day with my shirt tucked in, and took some pictures before I headed out, and when I got home, I untucked.  I think I like the look better with the shirt untucked.  Any opinions?  Would love to hear them!

 Tucked above, untucked below

 H&M bird print skirt, Joe Fresh turtleneck, grey Hue sweater tights, Urban Outfitters ruffle vest, Jcrew scattered locket necklace, Pegabo suede over-the-knee boots

Detail shot (was actually a camera setting booboo, but it worked)

9 comments:

  1. i loooove this vest! I knew I should have bought it when I saw it at Urban last month!

    I personally like it tucked in, it adds definition to your tiny waist! But it looks good either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that vest looks so adorable on you!!

    Have a wonderful time on vacation! And make sure to take outfit shots to share with us when you get back!!!

    Happy vacationing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how many of the same pieces we own -- Gap dresses and cardis, J.Crew sweater dresses and now this H&M skirt! Just shows great minds think alike. ;)

    Love this outfit so much. I'm going to try and steal your look with a ruffled vest I bought from H&M. Wish I had OTK boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make an adorable turtle dove. I love that vest, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess, thanks so much for your email today. It was a lovely surprise!
    You are going to have so much fun at Disneyland - are you going to the one in CA or Orlanda Florida? I had so much fun there last time. If you love happy things and rides, you will love it.
    I think your outfit is really pretty! - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melrose! Oh wow, you saw it last month? it was from early this summer hehe, that is cool! Thanks for the feedback :)

    Hi Array! Thanks! Vacation is overdue from the holidays, looking forward to it very much. I will try my best!

    Hi Overcaffinated! Hehe or visited the same forum :P I think that is more likely the chance, and the fact you are in Canada too I think? Limited shopping choices :(

    Aw thanks Mich! That is a much better title "turtle dove" then mine lol.

    Hi Jen! Haha no problem :) I saw the dress and was like...wait a minute! Down to CA, we are taking one of my moms granddaughters I think, so it will be a blast. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funky!! love that vest!! very cool... love it worn both ways.. tucked, untucked.. both look good!! oh lucky you to go away somewhere warm.. I am tired of this rain.. and having to take pics indoors!!!

    when do you leave??

    ReplyDelete
  8. This ruffle vest is so cute! The whole outfit is great. I think I like the shirt untucked. But it doesn't look horrible tucked in, so that's kind of a dumb thing to say :) The skirt is super cute, I haven't seen it at H&M. Is it new? Cuz I want one too! Have fun on vacation!

    Lisa
    www.sweetlaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jodi! I am down in seattle at the moment, will be catching the plane to LA in about 3 hours :) Sometimes there are perks to having your mom live somewhere warmer hehe.

    Hi Lisa! Thank you for your comment and stopping by! Sadly the skirt is from during the summer (or maybe spring?), but you know H & M, they always have good stuff! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete