Thursday, March 1, 2012

Building a Work Wardrobe

So that time in my life is fast approaching. Going from a strict dress code to the relative freedom of business casual/business wear. That also means my wardrobe needed a slight boost in terms of work appropriate wear. Yes, I have lots of fun dresses and skirts, but to be honest, not quite in line with my new field of work. 

That is where my local thrift stores come in. Since money is a bit tight at the moment, I couldn't go out and buy a brand new wardrobe, as much fun as that would have been. So I spent the last month supplementing my old wardrobe into something new. Did you know that the Goodwill stores have days where certain color tags are $1.29? Crazy! I would say about 90% off what I picked up was new with tags, which is awesome.

Blazers & Jackets:
Old Navy/JCrew/Anthropologie/Esprit/H&M/BCBG

Skirts:
Anthropologie/Banana Republic/H&M/Anthropologie

Pants:
Left Side: Lauren by Ralph Lauren/Ann Taylor/Rachel Roy Signature
Right Side: Banana Republic/Ann Taylor/Random 

Dresses:
Shabby Apple (Won through Jess c/o Shabby Apple)/H&M (camera added a white dot)

Cardigans & Toppers:
Top Row: Anthropologie/Anthropologie/Gap/White House Black Market
Bottom Row: Jacob/Gap/JCrew/Ann Taylor Loft

Blouses & Shirts:
Top Row: Ann Taylor Loft/Ann Taylor/Banana Republic/Ann Taylor/Chaus
Middle Row: Jacob/Mexx/JCrew/Anthropologie
Bottom Row: Express/INC/Ann Taylor

I tried to stick to things that would mix and match well, hence the mostly black, purple, green, and blue shades. I was hoping to pick up a blue or green pencil skirt while searching but no luck yet. The JCrew double serge in Warm Jade would really float my boat. Oh and neck bow-tied blouses? Love them.

In total, I think I spent under $100 for 19 new items. I know some people aren't keen on the idea of thrifting, but when things come with tags on them still, hard to pass up silk shirts and wool pants for under $5. I also think the mix of what I had before and what I added works well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment