Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Jess Sews: Ticking Stripe Dress

Thanks to the lovely thatdamngreendress, I can name my creation. Although not original, I didn't know the name of the pattern and after she told me, I could at least name it.

I used the dirndl skirt and bodice pattern from the Built By Wendy: Dresses book, but I shortened the length, added cap lace sleeves, and added an insert into the neckline. The book was easy to follow (but it has very basic picture instructions), although I did have to refresh my knowledge on darts, as the book did not mention them. I made a few mistakes along the way, but I now know how to avoid, and fix them easily.

Here it is in a recent outfit of the day.

Loft outlet army green jacket, vintage 1960s fish necklace, Hayden Harnett Zelda boots, random belt.

The lace is a bit girly girl, but I really like the scalloped edge. I think it balances out the stripes.

My favorite part of the dress is how the stripes go horizontal on the skirt, vertical on the bodice, and diagonal along the neckline.

Hope the week is going well for you! Anything exciting happen to you so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment